Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Welcome 2010

I apparently "forgot" I had a blog. I was rummaging through my computer files and found a bookmark for my blog. Ha! But It was a bittersweet finding. Going over my old posts I saw my entries about my mom, who passed away at the beginning of 2009. Her sudden death was very traumatizing being preceded by an anuerysm and coma. To say my family was ill prepared for such an event is an understatement. I miss her every day and not a day has gone by yet when her absence is not felt. I came across this poem by Edna St.Vincent Millay and it has this one line:
Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies

How true this rings to my heart! As I settle in comfortably into my 30s, my mother's passing is the real marker and awakening that I am grown up. It may sound silly to some people, but it's true. How naive I have been! But I'm happy to find the footage of her smiling and laughing amoungst this odd blog of random events...one of the many good things about this whole internet "thing", I think people's personal lives are being documented much more often. And anything to help capture memories, milestones, and musings is a blessing in its own way.

Well I think I'll start this ole blog up again and see what it brings. I feel that my mind could use the excersize.

2 comments:

Eunice said...

Hi Franu,

I'm glad to see you're posting again. I saved all the SMSs (s?) you sent me when your mother was in hospital. Your mother was a really nice lady. I hope you have a great Easter.

motomeru said...

Thank you, Eunice. It is always so nice to hear from you.